Pages

  • Home
  • About Jem
  • Contact

BEAUTY. LIFE. STYLE.

THAT SOMETHING SPECIAL

15.1.15




My most important makeup item by far is my brushes. After I discovered that my fingers weren't necessarily the best way to apply my makeup I moved onto bigger and better things. Topshop and Real Techniques brushes were my main guilty pleasures, aside from the MAC 217s I had filling the gaps. Zoeva's Rose Golden Luxury Set however? Yes. Please.

I had lusted after this 8 piece set for what must have been the best part of six months before Santa came and answered my makeup-related calls. What can I say? The rose gold was calling for me, as always. Anyone and everyone has seen this collection, but let's be honest, no one's had enough of admiring it quite yet.

The collection comes with both natural and synthetic brushes which can be perfect for both cream and powder makeup products. It includes the brushes: Powder (106), Silk Finish (102), Face Shape (110), Luxe Sheer Cheek (127), Concealer Buffer (142), Soft Definer (227), Petit Crease (231) and Wing Liner (317), most - if not all - of which can be bought in the original black Zoeva brush design individually.

I was particularly excited about two brushes - the Silk Finish (102) for applying my foundation and the Luxe Petit Crease (231) for blending and definition with eyeshadow in the crease. The Silk Finish brush is perfect for making my foundation look natural. It works much better when instead of viciously blending your foundation, you almost pat the product onto the skin. I adore the Petit Crease brush for blending and shading in the crease, the tapered shape making it easy to get that extra definition. All the brushes are oh-so soft, lovely to use and perfect at applying my makeup. Plus, they feel just that little bit special.

My new guilty pleasure? It has to be Zoeva

4 Comments so far

  1. I've been lusting after this brush set for weeks now, I might just cave in. Perhaps when my next paycheck arrives! Thanks for the fab review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are definitely worth the hype, I'm considering buying the all eye brush set too I love them so much! xo

      Delete
  2. These brushes are on my never ending wish list!

    Jana
    Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were on mine for so long too! Thankfully Santa read my mind and made my makeup collection look a little happier :) xo

      Delete