Pages

  • Home
  • About Jem
  • Contact

BEAUTY. LIFE. STYLE.

THE CAPE EDIT

29.1.15







Cape - Topshop £35,   Jumper - Topshop £34,   'Jamie' Jeans - Topshop £40,   Boots - Primark £15

The idea to buy my first cape was, let's be honest, down to a bit of Instagram envy. The cape, the roll neck, the jeans, the boots - I instantly fell in love.

Topshop in my eyes had the best selection of capes to choose from. This one is particularly soft yet simple, despite it being one of the larger 'one-size-fits-all' designs. It's perfect to style with my favourite Jamie jeans and heeled Chelsea boots to add that extra warmth when I don't want to wear my heavier coats during these colder months. It's definitely become one of my favourite winter staples.

The only problem? It's difficult to hang in my wardrobe!


SHOP THIS POST:

             

13 Comments so far

  1. lovely pictures! I seen quite a few capes in town today and fell in love!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of those things which I have never really considered getting, but I wear it a lot so it was definitely worth it! xo

      Delete
  2. Ugh yes, love your cape! I want a cape too, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to shell out the money for it yet. And the selection of capes available here are terrible too--spent the summer in London and was pretty mindblown by how many different stores/brands you guys had!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Vanessa! I agree, we do have quite a lot of choice here, especially in the cities! I'm lucky because at Uni the shops are fab, but where my home is, there isn't much choice. Probably stupidly, I spend most of my money and time shopping whilst I can ;) xo

      Delete
  3. I'm so in love with that cape! I've never actually wanted a cape, but now I have the massive urge to buy that one! God bless the student discount.
    Love this whole outfit! xoxo

    Other Infinities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I was exactly the same until I saw a couple of them on Instagram! Student discount is the best, and I really don't know where I would be without it sometimes! xo

      Delete
  4. The cape suits you really well, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check out my latest post for details :)
    xx Mia
    The Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, I've just nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check out my blog for the details :)

    oxox
    Lizzie
    beauteox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie, glad you enjoyed it! I will, and thank you very much! xo

      Delete
  6. Great outfit. Love the cape and the boots!
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! The boots especially are a signature piece of mine - they're so comfortable and go with everything! xo

      Delete
  7. Thank you! I was a bit scared to put up my first outfit post, but I'm glad you liked it! xo

    ReplyDelete