Pages

  • Home
  • About Jem
  • Contact

BEAUTY. LIFE. STYLE.

BECCA - 'CHAMPAGNE POP' HIGHLIGHTER

26.2.18





I think it's about time we bought this beauty back into the (high)light. I don't think it's sparkle ever dulled, but it's hung in the shadows as a constant in the beauty sphere, without ever having to dominate our talk time.

If I'm honest, I'm sort of new to the highlighting game. As a teen I always suffered from oily skin, and rather than adding more 'glow', I was looking for ways to mattify my shine. Patience and perseverance don't really feature in my vocabulary, so when it doesn't work the first time, the likelihood is I don't bother again for a while. However, 2 years ago I discovered Mac's 'Soft and Gentle' and I thought I'd found where my loyalty lay. How wrong I was.

When Becca did a collaboration with Jaclyn Hill to create what they thought would be a 'limited edition' shade, I don't quite know whether they expected the success it had. Two years later, and you can still walk into Space NK and easily get your hands on it and made it's way into their permanent collection. It's clearly one of their bestsellers, and I can see why.

Becca's 'Champagne Pop' is a peachy-gold shimmer,  It's creamy formulation and intense pigmentation caused me to instantly fall in love. You spend little to no time buffing your brush into the product to pick up enough highlight that will give you anything from a subtle glow to radiance that even Jeffree Star would be impressed with. I've used it with both a Spectrum Fan Brush and a Real Techniques Setting Brush - either are perfect for the 'Go Big or Go Home' kinda gal I am. I've also loved using it to highlight the inner corner of my eyes, and who doesn't love a multi-faceted product?

Being a cruelty-free company, Becca wins on almost every level. It's products are also made without Sulphates, Parabens, and Phthalates (I had to google it too!), which for some people can cause irritation. It's also a conscious decision made by companies now to make their products without these ingredients as a means of becoming more environmentally friendly. A win-win, no?

So whilst it retails for £32, it's well worth the investment. It lasts such a long time due to the strong pigmentation, and depending on your chosen level of 'glow', you never need much product. Whilst there's still a place in my heart for the OG - Soft and Gentle - my loyalty to my highlighter is shared around.


Post a Comment