Pages

  • Home
  • About Jem
  • Contact

BEAUTY. LIFE. STYLE.

THE NOT-SO ORDINARY

2.3.18





You're probably thinking, 'here we go again, another blogger jumping on the hype, what more is there left to say'? I'm definitely not the first to talk about The Ordinary and how they're seamlessly revolutionising affordable skincare, and trust me, I certainly won't be the last.

Only launching around 12 months ago, this Canadian brand is really only a baby in the beauty world, but it's certainly made it's mark not just here in the UK, but globally. Since I've first heard about The Ordinary, they've won countless awards for their skincare, and from one product I've started to understand why.

Their Lactic Acid treatment comes in two strengths, 5% (the one I have) or 10%, which offers a different level of acid exfoliation depending on the strength you choose. It seems that ever since Sunday Riley came our with their Good Genes, the demand for affordable acids has grown to the point where naturally, a brand would eventually come along and perfect product and price, and we'd all go crazy for it.

I'm all about taking baby steps. Start off with something not too strong for my overly-reactive change-hating skin, and go from there. Besides, who doesn't get a little bit nervous when they hear that the new trend is to put 'acid' on their face?

The Lactic Acid 5% +HA is a good beginner acid for those of us that are newbies, a mild exfoliator which gives you tonnes of space to explore what alternative stronger acids may have to offer if you get on with it. It's not so easy to apply, with a pipette and a highly liquid, water-based solution which runs down your face if you're not quick enough, but almost instantly after first use I felt the improvements in the look and feel of my skin.

Whilst different acids do different things, the reason lactic acid is so good for beginner's is because it targets you're general complexion - tone and texture. Other acids can be good for anti-ageing (retinoid), blemishes and pigmentation (salicylic) and hydration (hyaluronic).

It's done an amazing job for my skin and it's super affordable at £5.80 for 30ml. I'm so excited to see what else this brand has to offer.


Post a Comment