Pages

  • Home
  • About Jem
  • Contact

BEAUTY. LIFE. STYLE.

SPRING ROSE

22.4.15


When oggling over the latest makeup trends which are plastered all over the latest magazines, I am often left feeling rather intimidated. That blue eyeshadow/liner look or the orange lips trend have never been my forté. The glory that is makeup that is induced by high fashion makes me shrivel up underneath the comfort of my all-natural makeup products.

Sometimes though, a new bold and bright trend is matched by an equally simple and light makeup look, this Spring being no exception. Pinks, fresh skin and rose golds - now that's more like it. Going into my makeup I'm faced with limitless choices and experience a familiar fate - comfort.

The trend focuses on a dewy yet fresh complexion, best achieved by highlighting with a light concealer and either a creme or powder highlight. M.A.Cs Mineralise Skinfinish in 'Soft and Gentle' is a clear winner for me in this area, but Nars' Radiant Creamy Concealer (I wear Vanilla) for those who don't like too much glitter gives a natural glow, whilst Soap&Glory's Hocus Focus is somewhere in between, with a pink-purple iridescent shimmer in a more liquid form. To finish off a pink blush is key and Estée Lauder's Plush Petal with a gradient colour gives endless possibilities.

For eyes there's plenty of neutral-pink tones out there to choose, from Urban Decay's Naked 3 to all of the various high-street dupes for the palette. M.A.Cs Expensive Pink and All That Glitters are a perfect duo however if you want that something special, both with beautiful pigmentation and colour payoff whilst being easily blend-able and both colours allowing for contour. Topshop's Pillow Talk lipstick is a recent re-discovery and has been a handbag essential for me for the past few weeks - it's a perfect colour for a trend I know will (always) be a hit.


SHOP THIS POST:


1 Comment

  1. Oh my gosh that Estee Lauder blush is stunning, I love the gradient design xx

    ReplyDelete